Tuesday 23 October 2012

Fear of the Unknown

As I prepare to become a student nurse, I find myself suffering from neophobia. You would think that with my years as a carer, I'd feel prepared. I've ordered my books, opened my student account, closed the two extra accounts the bank accidentally opened for me, I've even rearranged my study.

My fear mostly manifests as the fear that I will get decidophobia (fear of making decisions) or, even worse, nosocomephobia (fear of hospitals).

 It's been months since I met my tutor for the first time and the other student nurses. It's a good mix of ages, although the older ones are slightly more sporadic. There was also a mix of personalities. Popular girls still cause a quake in my knees and within half an hour the oddball had revealed themself - this is going to be an interesting course!

 Mayhem and muse found my mantra. I'm sticking this up on my wall to inspire me each day. Although maybe this video (found while researching) will make me love the unknown instead of fearing it:

 

 P.S. my favourite phobia - omphalophobia (fear of bellybuttons!)


No comments:

Post a Comment